Force of nature, Ondoy Sept 26 (Ketsana)

The typhoon 'Ondoy' (international name 'Ketsana'), visited Manila early saturday Sept 26.
When I left the house that late morning (approximately 9:30am), the rains are already strong and there's already a knee-deep flood water,I persevered to go ahead and try to attend my silk screen training, since that is very important to me, plus I thought the storm would slow down or soften up later that day. Boy! was I sooooo WRONG!!

The damn storm raged all through that afternoon and dumped what amounted to be 'NOAH torrential rain'-type waters and flooded areas believed to be largely immune to such flood rains and waters. When I returned that night, tried to return. I found the area around my neighborhood under almost 10'-13' of water!!!!!

It stunned me to think about the things/stuff,books and papers,that are now possibly underwater and drenched to shreds. Stunned realization gradually turned to anger, when i thought about the incompetence of my government, the Philippine Government. Where's the assistance? Where's the alarms? the relocation procedures? Where's the god-damnned equipments for emergencies supposed to be paid by our tax? Where are the guardians of the people are they sleeping on the job when the storm hit? police? anybody??????

I'm now into my second day of living in exile and wonder how much damage had been done to my house and books and other important stuff. As always we filipinos are mostly left to our own devices, it usually take a long while for the government to react, since they are so busy covering their asses first, than to actually help the people.

Time out for warhammer, I also shiver to think about my WIP titan drenched in water and now destroyed beyond repair..

'Thus the grey knight knelt,and prayed..'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warhammer 40K dynamics and the choices we make

Titanic sizes!!

Baneblade built in 3 days! nyahahahaha